The red star ate the yellow star, and the yellow star avenges itself by eating the red star in turn.
In the cosmos, you dream of what you have left behind, of the stories you tell yourself, of a personal history. Routine is interrupted by thoughts of them.
- The song "Sunrise, Sunset" from Fiddler on the Roof.
- The conversations in between re-spawns in Run Lola Run.
- Star Trek.
- The Death Cab for Cutie song “What Sarah Said.”
- Walter Benjamin’s essay “On the Concept of History,” particularly part IX.
- 2001: A Space Odyssey, particularly the final shots.
- The Astronomy Bible by Heather Couper and Nigel Henbest
- Origins: How the Planets Stars, Galaxies, and the Universe Began by Stephen Eales
- Cosmos by Carl Sagan